Sunday 14 April 2013

TEA POWDER, TURMERIC, ABBULU AND SMILES

                   TEA POWDER, TURMERIC, ABBULU AND SMILES







 My new teacher in life is ABBULU, the watchman at my apartments. The most precious and expensive commodity ( look at my choice of word COMMODITY
 ... gosh..) comes very easy for him. The SMILE. He wears that smile all the time and effortlessly so.  He made me realize , how energetic a smile can be, both for the person sporting it and for people watching people smile. I have never seen him without that trade mark smile and pleasantness. Hence he is a real STHITHAPRAGNA.

Abbulu never read any of Robin sharma kind of books, nor did he take any lessons from the spiritual gurus. He would never know what is management, organization, and all theories taught and learnt by educated like me. But he is a real life hero and he manages his life and his family life very well. He has 3 daughters and he got one daughter married 2 months ago quite successfully ( monetary terms) and has 2 more daughters. 

His son in law had come for the Ugadi and there was enough reason for Abbulu and his wife to get majorly worried and worked up as this was the first festival after the wedding. We know how the son in laws behave. He had to manage some money and had to manage space of  just one room for 2 daughters, himself, wife and new wed couple. No complaint, no tension and no panic and he just managed quite beautifully.  They have this innate inner strength.

I was actually little worked up for him as really don't know how these son in laws would be ( after a very sad experience at home) . I talked to him, praised him and told him that your parents in law have a great regard for you and pepped his spirits. Some genuine and some little exaggerated comments as i wanted the Abbulu team to be happy and recognized. Its OK, i feel, for these small exaggerations, as they make people happy, and  any way we do it most of the time on the famous and the rich, quite uselessly. 

Me and abbulu share a good rapport and he shares his small worries subtly. I love him for his smile as its most difficult, especially the genuine ones. According to me he is the richest and wealthiest as compared to most RICH BIKAARIS in this world. The Rich bikaris are the people who have 100 crores and above, but still do everything to get few thousands , in every occasion, at the cost of exploiting poor and deserved people. They are not just greedy but filthy people,who are in abundance these days and ruining our country of all the good and nice.

I feel so cosy, comfortable and easy with ABBULU that, i really don't mind asking him for one tea spoon tea powder when the shops are closed and the indiscipline me does not look at the stock availability at home. Ask him for a tea spoon and he gives 100 grams and not returnable. Today morning , i had to borrow some turmeric from him as shops were not open and it was too hot to go out and get it. The catch here is not about my life style but the relationship that i have with this man who is so grounded and knows how to be happy in life despite so many hurdles.

I feel guilty to honk the car at 11 in the night and ask him to open the gate, but he promptly opens and does it with a smile. Many a time , he cautioned me against anger on issues with just a smile and his  Dhristi..  All that does not come by reading and talking but by believing in small things in life and he does and i learn from him too. He is worried about my dinner and feels happy when he sees me cooking , late in the night sometimes. I feel like telling him thatam indeed cooking and eating because you care, not just for me but the need to respect and eat food. They teach us to respect basic aspects and very subtly and they cant give gyan.

Never ending lessons i get from him and his family each day. I pray that Abbulu's of the world should always be like this as they make mockery of people who are eternally in search of happiness. yes, i am one of them. I am glad to have abbulu around. I will search for abbulu everywhere, whose smile speaks of the purity of their thought and feeling , un like the RICK bikaaris...  

  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment