Tuesday 10 September 2013

USA, SELF AND REALITY CHECK





This blog is not so much about the USA perse but what being here has made me think and understand about myself. Probably this is the first time ever that i have detached myself in the true sense, though not completely but to the larger extent from all issues that i got entangled in several long years which includes work, profession, personal life and just about everything. I have had a chance to see myself  from outside me. This outside is not far away from what well wishers, friends have seen about me and been advising, criticizing and all that. It is a blessing to have a friend like SVS allowing space here in USA for all that self exploration. I cannot claim that i am  being  totally objective,  but at least i am not rushing into things and concluding anything. The biggest learning for me is that, there cannot be comparisons of any 2 things , even if they seem comparable, familiar, similar etc.. Second , everything and everybody needs to be understood only from the context and situation. Hence, good bad, judgements, right wrong, and all that,  and things we are always in hurry to do / conclude are really irrelevant in larger understanding of life. I am not talking elementary here as these aspects were known, understood and seemingly practiced  but not applied by me in true spirits.


Giving space to the self, opening up to the nature and being receptive to the world are 3 things that can expand the inner self and enrich all the experiences. Or else everything  that is got will remain like achieved feelings with out the true experience of happiness and joy. This visit is a forced favor of the nature on me and thrust ed opportunity to reform and be experience simple happiness from within. Actually i am playing the role of an Ethnographer ( an objective researcher who does the combination of qualitative and quantitative research by being an outsider but getting into the group) and doing sensitive research of the self with the USA environment assisting me.  Being away from the physical space, especially with the advantage of different time zones, takes one away from the work, contacts, regular issues and transfers to a well deserved time for the self. Meditation ought to do this role of focusing on the self and deriving happiness from the self. The question that you the reader of this blog might get ... What is self here? it is the place which is enabling the self to act? partly true but several times i have had change of space, but still the self was not active. This is why i must credit to SVS my friend.


I have had notions about people here, people there, on poverty, on population, on life style, on values , on beliefs, on just about everything. But we do not have the  right to comment or conclude unless we spend a great time and sincerity to understand processes of life and in context. Hopefully , being in USA for 3 weeks, though under a protected umbrellas called Sai dinakar and SVS, i am able to understand the world view differently. I wish to take back the learning's and apply myself to all the issues that keeps bothering me.  Basically its the space for the self and the environment which lends meaning to space has been important for me. Transformation or the willingness to change does not absolve of all the pains and difficulties of life but the approach to issues will probably change.  Here my learning in  fundamentals of understanding the self  with Sujatha Potay also adds greater meaning. But most important in applying the benefits, derived  from  here for longer time would require drawing huge hidden strength from with in . The tool i need to use to draw this is just stay focused and keep practicing what i believe , the RAJA YOGA meditation of Brahmakumaris.


There is a temptation to just pour out the deepest thoughts and feelings  here  but i need to be concious of all the friends and well wishers  time and attention span, who read my blog and encourage me. BUt its the need felt to make know the fact that, god blessed tours like this will take away the layers, the hardened thick resistances, defenses, cliches, and assumptions about life, people, processes and places.  I am tempted to quote the song from PAUL MCCARTNEY
" Ebony and ivory       ...We All Know That People Are The Same Where Ever We Go
There Is Good And Bad In Ev'ryone,
We Learn To Live, We Learn To Give
Each Other What We Need To Survive Together Alive."

Ebony And Iv
ory Live Together In Perfect Harmony
Side By Side On My Piano Keyboard, Oh Lord Why Don't We?

Hopefully , USA trip gets me to my roots and helps me start life all over again with a new lease , with freshness and fervor.  I will live twice in this world ... Yes  meaningfully so , to the self and all others .

No comments:

Post a Comment