Saturday 3 March 2012

INSULATED ... WE ARE

                                                BLESSED INSULATION

We don’t realize how protected we are in several ways. All of us are insulated from several problems of which we probably are not even aware of and instead crib about what we don’t have. I realized this very intensely yesterday and am practising, cherishing what i have. It’s a practical experience and not a theory, to be able to feel blessed and thank god.
Yesterday for some reason i had to go an area in the evening with someone where there is no chance to park the car. I requested the gentleman to come home and pick me up in his car as he has the driver and i turned down his request of dropping me back home and i decided to take an auto and come back. This was around 8 pm and i had to travel only 4 kms. I realized that i had not taken an auto or rode a two wheeler for more than one year and half. Trust me; i could not bear the noise on the roads, not to speak about the smoke and dust. I felt i will die if i travel for 10 minutes more. It is more than asphyxiation and claustrophobia. I am born and brought up in Hyderabad and all my life i was either travelling in bus, 2 wheeler or auto which was a luxury more often than not. I never felt this bad and hopeless. Have the pollution levels gone so pathetic or my tolerance level gone so low. It could be both. Is this the Hyderabad i am born and lived all my life?
·        How are people driving on two wheelers and going in autos. How can they still be calm, peaceful when they reach home or office? What is happening to their health? Are they aware of the problems that can hit them? I was feeling so depressed thinking of auto drivers and their lives. Gali janardhan reddy’s and Raja’s , prisoners of the world should be asked to drive autos in Hyderabad. Jail life is so safe and risk free. My god, my entire life experiences turn around. I thanked god immensely after i came home. I am one of the very few fortunate in the world to be able to have the car and not travel too much. It is indeed a blessing. I empathize with all the people in the US who do not want to come back to Hyderabad and settle down. All the parents forgive those children and if you really love them and mean well for them, do not expect them to come back here.
·        Today on the weekend, i decided not to step out of home and i felt so fortunate and blessed. I started imagining all the problems that i don’t have. Thank god i am not a traffic police man; thank god i am not a push cart vendor on the roads. Thank god i am not a beggar on the cross roads, thank god i am not a sales man for the consumer goods and thank god i am not any of those people who are forced to travel in Hyderabad for long hours in the traffic.
·        I know how worse it is going to be in summer. Unless needed, people should confine themselves at home and enjoy the technology. Public transport needs to be encouraged i feel. It seemed to me that if i become the chief minister of AP for a day, i will do all that, which discourages people from driving in Hyderabad. Yes it is possible. I will do my best. will u??

2 comments:

  1. indeed, it is a blessing not to be exposed to the heat, dust and noise of the traffic. after the auto experience, maybe u should try driving a two-wheeler, that too in the weekday peak hours traffic! That would be a truly terrifying experience. Recently, i went pillion-riding behind a friend's bike during the evening traffic, and that was enough to scare me, even if i didnt drive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, sai... thats me, hemant... somehow it says manasi.. i think because manasi too has a blogspot account.

    ReplyDelete